Join our AI innovation lab where we focus on user-driven AI solutions for education!
ETS’s Research & Development division is seeking a creative and innovative individual to serve as User Experience Researcher/Designer in the ETS AI Research Labs. The AI Research Labs are user-obsessed across all phases of research and development and focus on prototyping adaptive and personalized learning product concepts with compelling user interfaces and AI-enhanced experiences. Prototypes will be built on a foundation of learning and cognitive science principles that leverage interactive task design, machine learning, and data sciences to be integrated in various teaching, learning, and assessment solutions.
The User Experience (UX) Researcher/Designer will work in a cross-functional team of researchers and developers to(a)understand target market and user segments and how to identify users from both (b) engage with users in interviews, observations, focus groups and other data collection activities to understand their needs and lead the UI/UX aspects of user experience research and associated interface design, wireframing, and documentation for engaging, interactive, and innovative capabilities, (c) serve as design leads for small interdisciplinary agile teams focused on producing user-informed functional prototypes that could be tested in target markets, and (d) collaborate with both internal and external colleagues and consultants to ensure on-time completion of project goals.
- Apply design thinking and user-centered research and design principles to prototypes and product concepts developed in the AI Research Labs.
- Engage with users of target market and user segments to conduct visioning activities, needs assessments, validation of problem statements, and ongoing testing through the development lifecycle.
- Use collected information to translate ideas from users/clients (e.g., students, teachers, international learners, higher education institutions) into engaging, accessible, and highly usable designs through audience and needs analyses, user interview, journey maps, etc.
- Keep abreast of the trends and latest research in human computer interaction and related fields. Remain current with usability and / or accessibility guidelines that change with evolving technologies.
- Implement best practices for user experience research and design.
- Collaborate with technical staff and designers, and outside consultants as needed, to ensure that the finished product adheres to the design goals and conforms to ETS technical, accessibility, and architectural standards.
- Work with research scientists, learning scientists, data scientists, instructional designers, software developers, and product owners in cross-functional agile teams to support the efficient and effective development of AI-enabled product concepts and prototypes.